Sunday, July 8, 2007

Source Of Life

Where I invest my turst and my hope, I invest my life.
Let me choose to invest it in the true source of life, the God of my understanding.

Forgive me my pride.
Forgive me my stubbornness of heart.
Forgive me my anger against another.
Forgive me my greed in all its forms.
Forgive me my mercilessness.
Forgive me the harm I have done.

My Foes are really my own distorted thoughts and selfish habits, which wreak more damage than I often imagine.

In the darkness of my sin.
In the depths of my depair.
In the shadows of my confusion.
In the valley of death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Lord is my shepherd;
there is nothing I shall want.
Fresh and green are the pastures
where he gives me repose.
Near restful waters he leads me,
to revive my drooping spirit.
He guides me along the right path;
he is true to his name.
If I should walk in the valley of darkness
no evil would I fear.
You are there with your crook and your staff;
with these you give me comfort.
You have prepared a banquet for me
in the sight of my foes.
My head you have anointed with oil;
my cup is overflowing.
Surely goodness and kindness shall follow me
all the days of my life.
In the Lord's own house shall I dwell
for ever and ever.
-- Psalm 23

No comments: