Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Magical Mystery Tour

Spirituality is the sacred center out of which all life comes,
including Mondays and Tuesdays,
rainy Saturday afternoons in all
their mundane and glorious detail . . .
The spiritual journey is
the soul's life commingling with ordinary life.
--Christina Baldwin, Life's Companion [1990]

My heart is open.
To life, to love, and to my greater good.
Nothing can come to me if my heart is closed.
Opening my heart doesn't mean laying myself out as a doormat.
All my faculties are still engaged.
I am not suspending my judgment and discrimination - I'm removing from my inner world that which blocks me from being able to receive and experience the simple pleasures of any given day.
Life is happening all around me; the world is full of magic if I can recognize it and take it in.
I can own everything my eyes can see, but if I lack the ability to be touched and moved by the beauty that surrounds me, I am still poor.
I can own more or less of anything.
But if I have the facility to take in the wonder that surrounds me, I am rich.

I experience this magical mystery tour called life.

No comments: