Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Peace For All

Excerpts from Manificat for May 8, 2007

Jesus shows us the way to true peace: obedience to the Father's will rather than to the clamor of self-interest. In living as he lived, we not only live in peace ourselves, we also make a place of peace for all those around us.

God is not the God of disorder but of peace.
(cf. 1 Cor 14.33)

God of peace, make peace among those at war;
God of justice, make right what we have made wrong;
God of goodness, make holy what we have turned to our own selfish ends.

It is a cool spring morning in South Carolina as I start the day. Today, I can carry peace in my heart instead of the darkness of hate, anger and resentment. I can accept peace in my life and share it with those I met along of the road of life. I can trudge the Road of Happiness now.

No comments: