Monday, May 21, 2007

Discoloring My Perspective

Love is a positive feeling and
if one cultivates this feeling in their life,
they will surely free themselves from
any unbalanced condition that surrounds them.
-- Syd Banks
Anger, whether unfocused or triggered by a troubling experience or a hostile person, discolors my perspective through an afternoon or a full day, perhaps even a week. My understanding of events is always directly related to the attitude I've chosen to harbor. No situation or person, however difficult, has the power to steal away my happiness without my passive consent. So willingly I adopt negative attitudes. My choices for actions, feelings, or attitudes are far greater than those I habitually turn to. And it's likely I know love least of all. But just as anger breeds more anger, love cultivates more love, and each life that's touched by love profits from it. When I make a decision to practice love unconditionally - loving myself, my neighbors and co-workers, even the snarling strangers sharing my traffic jam, I will quickly experience the miracle of love in my own lives.

No comments: