Sunday, February 27, 2011

Secrets




I knew I had to stop lying.
So I started sharing in meetings that I was still smoking grass. . .
I especially hated hearing that I couldn't be sober and high at the same time.
I didn't understand it; to me, being sober meant not being drunk.
But I was terrified of drinking again.
So I finally buckled under the pressure and decided to take the suggestions of people I had come to trust, and to try another ninety days without any mood-changers at all.
The rewards were virtually immediate. . .
I finally surrendered and brought my disease and my secret into the rooms of AA because I wanted to be sober.
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 2], pp. 29-30


I had to get sober to be amazed.



We cannot change the directions of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.

Have a beautiful day unless you plan otherwise.
... B-)

No comments: