Monday, February 14, 2011

Fantasy




The more I drank, the more I fantasized everything.
I imagined getting even for hurts and rejections.
In my mind's eye I played and replayed scenes in which I was plucked magically from the bar where I stood nursing a drink and was instantly exalted to some position of power and prestige.
I lived in a dream world.
AA led me gently from this fantasizing to embrace reality with open arms. And I found it beautiful!
I was at peace with myself.
And with others.
And with God.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 559

I never imagined that the greatest achievement of my life
would be peace of mind.

S O B E R = Son Of a Basket, Everything's Real.



We cannot change the directions of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.

Have a beautiful day unless you plan otherwise.
... B-)

No comments: