Friday, January 4, 2008

Wisdom

Wisdom has built her house,
she has set up her seven columns;
She has dressed her meat, mixed her wine,
yes, she has spread her table.
She has sent out her maidens;, she calls
from the heights out over the city:
"Let whoever is simple turn in here;
to who lacks understanding, I say,
Come eat of my food,
and drink of the wine I have mixed!
Forsake foolishness that you may live;
advance in the way of understanding."
(Proverbs 9:1-6)


I can either listen and learn as the wise person does, or I can get angry and rebel.
To mock or hate those who are concerned for me is to deny that I have a problem.
If I am wise, I will be honest enough to admit that I have a problem and I need help.
This attitude enables recovery -- to reject good advice will lead me to be overtaken by my disease.

No comments: