Saturday, January 26, 2008

Prayer -- 01-27-2008

The Gift I Ask


There are gifts I ask of Thee,
Spirit Serene:
Strength for the daily task,
Courage to face the road,
Good cheer to help me
Bear the traveler's load,
And for the hous to come between,
An inward joy in all things heard and seen.

#@#@#@#

My Creator, help me to understand both the seen world and the unseen world.
Let me not be afraid of the world You live in.

#@#@#@#

I pray that I may rid myself of all fears and resentments, so that peace and serenity may take their place.
I pray that I may sweep my life clean of evil, so that good may come in.

#@#@#@#

Enough To Need


Dear God, never allow me to think that I have
knowledge enough to need no teaching,
wisdom enough to need no correction,
talent enough to need no grace,
goodness enough to need no progress,
humility enough to need no repentance,
devotion enough to need no improvements,
strength sufficient without Thy Spirit, lest,
standing still, I fall back forevermore.

#@#@#@#

No comments: