Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saint Conrad of Parzham

Saint Conrad of Parzham lived a life that attracted others because of a special quality, something Chesterton alluded to when he wrote, "The moment we have a fixed heart we have a free hand" (Orthodoxy, p. 71).

If we want to understand Conrad, we have to know where he fixed his heart.

Because he was united to God in prayer, everyone felt at ease in Conrad’s presence.

"It was God’s will that I should leave everything that was near and dear to me. I thank him for having called me to religious life where I have found such peace and joy as I could never have found in the world. My plan of life is chiefly this: to love and suffer, always meditating upon, adoring and admiring God’s unspeakable love for his lowliest creatures" (Letter of Saint Conrad).

More

No comments: