Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Key To Freedom

Holding resentments against others hurts me.
Forgiveness can make me glad I'm alive today.
Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom.
--Hannah Arendt
Resentments keep me in the past, a past that can never be relived.
Resentments keep a stranglehold on my mind.
Resentments keep me from appreciating the beauty of a moment.
Resentments stop me from hearing the loving voices of friends.
I forget that I have a mission to fulfill God's divine plan for my life.
Clearly the choice to resent no one is my opportunity to free my mind and heart for the real activities God hopes I will attend to.
Our purpose in this life goes unfulfilled when we're consumed by resentments.
Fortunately, my freedom comes when I decide to forgive whatever transgressions are made against me.
# @ # @ # @ #

No comments: