Sunday, February 10, 2008

Adjustin My Attiude

If I reach out lovingly to someone else today, I will not need a nudge from my Higher Power to adjust my attitude.

I always have two lists:
things I'm happy about and
things I'm not.
It's my choice which list I focus on.
--Anne Arthur

Unfortunately, a bad attitude is seductive.
Discouragement and self-pity become comfortable, and I fear that discarding them will leave me vulnerable.
It's as though I find pleasure, perverse though it may be, in feeling sorry for myself.
Sometimes I even imagine staying in that place forever.
It's then that I need the warmth of loving friends, and it's no accident that I am surrounded by them in the fellowship.
I may, at first, try to ignore those reaching toward me, but I will soon feel their presence.
I can thank God for the inspiration to adjust my attitude.

No comments: