Monday, December 27, 2010

Interior Peace




Please help me.
What am I going to do?
I can't go on like this.
You can see that!
Look at the state I am in.
What ought I to do?
Show me the way.
As if I needed more information or some kind of sign!

...Suddenly, as soon as I had made that prayer, I became aware of the woods, the trees, the dark hills, the wet night wind, and then, clearer than any of these obvious realities, in my imagination, I started to hear the great bell of Gethsemani ringing in the night...
-- Thomas Merton, A Merton Reader


And because of the peacefulness of the snow, I imagined that my new ideas were breeding within me an interior peace.
-- Thomas, A Merton Reader



We cannot change the directions of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.
Have a beautiful day unless you plan otherwise.

No comments: