Thursday, December 16, 2010

Grateful




Growth and understanding came slowly, but they came steadily.
And finally, I could feel gratitude for my sobriety -- for the saving grace of God.
I learned about people in AA, and this brought me to an understanding of myself.
I know that spiritual growth is a great, wide, beautiful thing and that I have only stepped up to the open door. . .
The saving grace of God doesn't come like a bolt out of the blue.
It comes through, in, and from other suffering, as well as rescued, souls like you and me. I am happy to be part of a living and growing fellowship with an infallible heartbeat.
Divine power is the pulse of AA, and it doesn't change no matter how foolish we mortals be.

There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.

H O P E = Heart Open; Please Enter.

No comments: