Monday, October 13, 2008

Living Prayer



The saying goes.... "Prayer is talking to God, and meditation is listening to God."

A few years ago, I went to a seminar on meditation.

The spiritual teacher, taught and demonstrated many forms of meditation.

One of the forms he demonstrated was what he called, "Living Meditation".

Living meditation is a method of contemplative introspection while moving through our daily lives.

It is a way, to slow down, and cast our thinking inside of our hearts, before verbalizing our feelings and thoughts.

This method allows us to "speak from the heart".

This methodology also teaches us to be a part of, rather than separate from.

Try it! You will like it!  

I was meditating this morning, and my inspiration came.

Why not create Living Prayer.

Yes! Live a prayer!

Choose something that you pray for and bring it into the world.

If you pray for God's will, "Let Go and Let God".

Trust in God!

If you pray to be loved, be loving.

If you pray for health, (even if you are sick) act as if you are healthy, and help another.

The point is, prayer works if we work it.

Open your hearts to your "Higher Power" and the possibilities are endless.

Live your prayers and you will see the miracles that God wants for all of us.  

Today I will live my prayers.  

I will be contemplative and speak from my heart.

I will be a part of rather than separate from.

 

No comments: