Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Forgiveness & Freedom

It is the act of forgiveness that

opens up the only possible way to think

creatively about the future at all.

-- Father Desmond Wilson

 

Today is full of endless possibilities and dreams.

In many cases, I are limited only by my fear and lack of hope, in others and ourselves myself.

Each new day I am given a clean page to live in my book of life.

What freedom I find when I choose to practice the art of forgiveness.

Forgiving others and myself will allow me to step into this new day as free human beings.

Freedom is a gift I give myself every time I choose not to react to a hurtful comment.

Holding on to old resentments keeps my creative energy trapped and stifled.

My choices are these: new freedom or old resentment.

I choose new freedom.

It is the gift I give myself when I choose not to let the sun rise on yesterday's script.

Today let me forgive everyone and anything - past and present - that might distract me from my spiritual growth.

No comments: