Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Union Of Love

O Jesus, King most wonderful,
Thou Conqueror renowned,
Thou sweetness most ineffable
In whom all joys are found!

When once thou visitest the heart,
Then truth begins to shine,
Then earthly vanities depart,
Then kindles love divine.

Thee may our tongues for ever bless;
Thee may we love alone;
And ever in our lives express
The image of thine own.

Meter: CM

 

By the grace of baptism I am bound to the Holy Trinity in a very special way.

May I be conscious of this great grace and seek to grow ever closer in this union of love.

Thus I will live always under the protection of the love of Christ from which no adversity can separate me.

 

I want to be in the loving embrace of God at all times.  I pray:

Keep me safe, O Lord!

When I have trouble seeing the right way, lead me in the right path.

When I am frightened, comfort me.

When I need to take risks, give me courage.

God my Father, you are closer to me than I can even imagine.

Enlighten my heart and hold me close in your embrace.

I ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

 

~~ Adapted from Magnificat

 

~~~ @@ ~~~

 

No comments: