Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thoughts & Prayers


We are each gifted in a unique and important way.

It is our privilege and adventure to 

discover our own special light.

Mary Dunbar

 

My task is to stand in the sun and create a climate that will develop and nurture my gift.

To fully believe in my talent, I need only step from the darkness into the sun.

I will take this first step, trust enough, and start believing that; yes, I do have special gifts.

 

Today let me be aware of my deep and unfilled desires, dreams, and wishes, which is the first step on the way to accepting our gifts.

 

~~~ @@ ~~~

 

We honor the spirit in other people when we listen to them.

 

God's messages surround me.

The people I share the day with carry my lessons within their words and actions.

Let me be vigilant in my attempts to listen.

I can learn my lessons and fulfill my purpose only by acknowledging the spirit, the presence of God, within each person God has ushered to me.

 

I will pay special attention to the people in my life today.

 It's a wonderful feeling knowing they are part of God's plan for me.

 

~~~ @@ ~~~

 

 

I cannot see the future.

It's a blessing that I cannot.

I could not bear to know all the future.

That is why God only reveals it to me day by day.

God is powerful enough to do anything God wills, and no miracle in human lives is impossible with God.

 

I pray that I may gladly leave my future in God's hands.

 

~~~ @@ ~~~

 

Life is a series of letting go's -
an "infinite" series of letting go's.
All things in life are given us on loan. . .
Once we have learned to let go,
we are prepared for whatever life gives us.
And death itself is nothing to be feared.

Matthew Fox

 

Letting go is a behavior I can practice each day, whatever the circumstances in my life.

It's a useful tool to use when I really want to bring something or someone into my life, and in accomplishing my goals.

It's a helpful tool to use on outdated behaviors such as low self-esteem and manipulation.

Letting go takes the emotional charge, the drama, out of things and restores me to a sense of balance, peace, and spiritual power.

Letting go works well on the past and the future.

It brings me into today.

Learning the art of letting go really means learning to calmly let things be.

 

God, help me learn to let go.

 

~~~ @@ ~~~

 

 

 

No comments: