Monday, December 17, 2007

God Needs People

As God needed Abraham, Isaac, David, and the rest, so God needs me, if only to witness his love and mercy, as I have received it -- in rich abundance.
So it makes eminent good sense for me to freely make a generous gift of myself to God for him to use me as he wills.
What nobler path could I tread through life.
And so, with Saint Ignatius' inspired words, I give myself over to God for him to use me as he wills,
Take Lord and receive all my liberty,
My memory, my understanding and my entire will.
All I have and call my own.
Whatever I have or hold, you have given me.
I return it all to you and surrender it wholly
To be governed by your will.
Give me only your love and grace
And I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.
--Monsignor James Turro
Loving Father, you always work through your people.
Deepen my belonging, and let all
my relationships testify to your love.

No comments: