Friday, August 10, 2007

Misery Is Misery

Money may not buy happiness,
but it can buy the type of misery you can live with
.
-- Zibby


I think to myself, "Wouldn't it be nice not to have to worry about the washer breaking down?"
"Wouldn't it be nice to drive a reliable car?"
"Wouldn't it be nice to take a Caribbean vacation every year?"
"Wouldn't it be nice not to have to work?"
If I had money, I think, at least I wouldn't have to worry so much and could live comfortably.
True.
Money buys external comfort - plush couches and chairs, luxury cars, beautiful environments.
Money buys what comforts and soothes me on the outside.
And, if I am going to be miserable anyway, why not do it in comfort?
I remember that regardless of my surroundings, misery is misery.


Unless I have the right attitude, I'll find something wrong with whatever I have or don't have.
When I work on improving my inner world on alleviating the real cause of my misery - I know true comfort.
I know serenity.

No comments: