Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Merry-go-round




I began to feel like a clown juggling too many balls.
Each ball represented a problem I was keeping up in the air.
My arms were weary and I knew I couldn't keep on much longer, but I was not about to give up.
My pride and ego wouldn't let me.
Bosses, judges, co-workers, lawyers, car notes, bar tabs, loan sharks, utility
payments, landlords, my girlfriend, people I had double-crossed -- I looked to all of these as the source of my problems, while overlooking the most basic problem: my drinking and myself.
I'd known for a long time that I desperately wanted off this merry-go-round, but I had no idea how to do it.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 506

Swallowing my pride will not get me drunk.


We cannot change the directions of the wind,
but we can adjust our sails.

Living without an aim is like sailing without a compass.

Have a beautiful day unless you plan otherwise.
... B-)

No comments: