Friday, April 1, 2011

Emotional Sobriety




My emotional sobriety has regularly been imperfect.
I've made many mistakes and behaved poorly to others. . .
I thought that once I stopped drinking all my problems would end.
It didn't occur to me that now, after almost a lifetime of drinking alcohol,
I'd have to face life without medicating. . .
I work daily on trying to rein in my impetuous temper, my obsession with reaction rather than reflection, and that silly ego that keeps rearing its ugly head. . .
Despite my shortcomings, with the help of the AA program and my brothers in AA, improvements will continue to be made.
- The AA Grapevine, April 2011, p. 17


There is only one corner of the universe I can be certain of improving,
and that's my own self.




We cannot change the directions of the wind, but we can adjust our sails. Have a beautiful day unless you plan otherwise. ... B-)

No comments: