Saturday, April 9, 2011

Making The Most Of One's Best





Rebellion against your handicaps gets you nowhere.
Self-pity gets you nowhere.
One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world - making the most of one's best.
--Harry Emerson Fosdick

Greek philosopher Epictetus put it this way:
"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."

Today, let me not concentrate on my handicaps as much as on my abilities. I know I have been given all I need to make my life a success.

-- from The Reflecting Pond by Liane Cordes



We cannot change the directions of the wind, but we can adjust our sails. Have a beautiful day unless you plan otherwise. ... B-)

No comments: