Saturday, March 5, 2011

Resentment




I must face the fact that the resentment process is not only fruitless, it is self-defeating.
Justified or not, the resentment, and my efforts to bolster its justification, will eat away at my peace of mind and my enjoyment of life. Meanwhile, the person I resent couldn't care less.
Here I am burning to a crisp over something he or she may not be totally aware of, something I can't change.
At the root of my resentment is a compulsion to change things I cannot change -- to wit, another person.
So maybe what I need to do is to take a look at changing myself.
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 3], p. 107

Resentment is like acid, eating away at the vessel it is stored in.



We cannot change the directions of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.

Have a beautiful day unless you plan otherwise.
... B-)

No comments: