Sunday, March 6, 2011

O God, I Wish To Be Fully What I Am




O God, I wish to be just what I am for along as you so will; I am aware of an evil strain deep within me.

That strain spawns egotism, infidelity and hostility, leading to moodiness, laziness, and self-indulgence.

I wish to be fully what I am.

For, I know that you are all powerful and could change me in a instant.

Yet, at the same time, you are infinitely loving and offer me whatever is for my best.

I have total trust in you.

You are all powerful and you love me! Amen.


"There is no prayer more beautiful, more pleasing or more powerful in God's eye than this simple prayer. It is the fiat of the Father. In a special way, it supplements the "Our Father," which Christ taught."
-- Father Jacques Bunel, O.C.D., a Discalced Carmelite priest from France who was a renowned preacher and retreat master (1945)




We cannot change the directions of the wind, but we can adjust our sails. Have a beautiful day unless you plan otherwise. ... B-)

No comments: