Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Saturday ... January 15, 2010





A cold and sunny day in SC.
The snow earlier in the week is now piles of ice.
We will actually reach the 50's today.

No really plans for the day ... I like that ... but my wife is not up yet.
Harley, Angie, and Sophia, our three dogs, decided that 7:30 AM was time for me to get up ... along with my wife and the three cats.

With at least one cup of coffee in me and time to focus on a new day, some old thoughts creeped into my mind ... I know that is dangerous.
But these were childhood memories.

What was you favorite junk food or treat as a child?

Two came right to mind:
1. A chocolate milkshake with a piece of cherry pie and
2. A root beer float from the A&W Drive-In.

The first became a staple of my teenage life and the second way a wonderful family outing ... a special time.

These are memories that are chisel into my mind ... good times.

As I have travelled the road of life ... with all my side trips ... I have created other memories.
Some very vivid but some seem to creep out over and over again.
I hope you have good carvings in your mind.

Oh, yes ... I forgot fresh glazed donuts ... maybe I should head out and find a new junk food ... probably a health food ... memory.
No, definitely a junk food one. ... B-)


We cannot change the directions of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.
Have a beautiful day unless you plan otherwise. ... B-)

No comments: