Monday, October 8, 2007

The Varied Landscapes Of Life

We are pilgrim people, journeying through the varied landscapes of life.
Let me travel light, unburdened by useless baggage -- material or spiritual -- and sing to the God who has given us such a glorious goal in life.

The parable of the Good Samaritan points too my salvalation depending on the way I treat whatever unfortunate person is put on my path so that God's will might be accomplished more perfectly in my live.

"I have fallen into the hands of the angels of darkness
who have not only stripped me of my garment of spiritual gace
but have also wounded me and left me half-dead.
Bind up the wounds of my sins by making me believe
that they can be healed,
for if I despair of healing they will become worse.
Apply the oil of forgiveness to them
and pour in the wine of compunction.
If you place me on your beast,
you will be raising the poor from the dust,
the needy from the rubbish heap.
For it is you who have carried our sins,
who have paid back what you did not take."
-- St. Gregory the Great

No comments: