Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Simple Formula

It's a simple formula;
do your best and
somebody might like it.
--Dorothy Baker

My higher power will help me do whatever task lies before me.
And no task will be mine except those for which I am readied.
My job is simply to go forth, taking God as our partner, and set about completing the task.
I will not falter if I remember where my strength rests, where the guidance lies.

Self-esteem is one of the byproducts of a job done with God's help.
An additional byproduct is that I learn more quickly to rely on God's direction and strength the next time, thus reducing the time I give to fear.

I can be successful today, in every endeavor, if I let God manage my moves.

Mercifully look upon me, O Lord, and
govern all my thoughts,
and all my words,
and all my actions.
Take me where you want me to go;
let me meet whom you want me to meet;
tell me what you want me to say;
and keep me out of you way.
Thy will be done in me and
through me today and always.
Amen

No comments: