Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Depression & Despair

Very few of us give ourselves the opportunities to explore our real interests and potentials.
We "lock" ourselves into rigid ways of regarding the world and our options.
We often settle for less than our highest aspirations because we have conditioned ourselves into thinking life is joyless endurance or survival at best.


In order to change the empty circumstances in my lives I need to change my limited thinking patterns.
Instead of looking at life as a prison, I can view it as a smorgasbord of opportunities that are well within my reach.
By exploring and sampling the choices before me I can discover which choices bring me inner satisfaction and increase my sense of purpose.


Today I will remind myself of what Roman philosopher Seneca said hundreds of years ago:
"The great blessings of mankind are within us, and within our reach . . ."

No comments: