Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Rainy Sunday In SC


Another lazy and rainy Sunday in South Carolina. Started the day off with my brothers and sisters at the Dark Side. It is also a great way to start a Sunday of pray and the week ahead – with the Force.

Hear two things that I will add to my tool bag for life as I trudge the spiritual path before me.

(1) When God close one door in my life, he opens a new one for me to walk through. It is the hallways of life that suck.

(2) Choosing who is forgiven and who is not is above my pay grade. I can only ask for the willingness to forgive all in my life on a daily basis.

I found the following on the pains of life in my daily readings.

Grief and crisis . . . accept it as a wise teacher. Life brings trial
& defeat as part of its package. . . . Out of defeat is born new strength. . . . The false comforts of self-pity and blame may tempt us in our pain, but they take much more from us than they give back.


It has been an awesome day and it is not my fault. Keep adjusting your sails and may the good of the day be with you.

P.S.
It is blackberry picking time in SC and GA. Read about it: http://blogs.augusta.com/node/2865

No comments: