Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Thanksgiving Thought ... Gratitude

One exercise I try to practice is to try for a full inventory of my blessings and then for a right acceptance of the many gifts that are mine -- both temporal and spiritual.

Here I try to achieve a state of joyful gratitude.

When such a brand of gratitude is repeatedly affirmed and pondered, it can finally displace the natural tendency to congratulate myself on whatever progress I may have been enabled to make in some areas of living.

I try hard to hold fast to the truth that a full and thankful heart cannot entertain great conceits.

When brimming with gratitude, one's heartbeat must surely result in outgoing love, the finest emotion that we can ever know.
-- As Bill Sees It, p. 37


I have learned how a heart full of gratitude feels.
Forgiveness unlocks the door and sets us free.

No comments: