Monday, October 12, 2009

The Cross and Christ’s Love


Jesus came into this world for one purpose.

He came to give us the Good News that God loves us, that God is love, that he loves you, and he loves me.

He wants us to love one another as he loves each one of us.

Let us love him.

How did the Father love him?

He gave him to us.

How did Jesus love you and me? – by giving his life.

He gave all that he had – his life – for you and me.

He died on the cross because he loves us, and he wants us to love one another as he loves each one of us.

When we look at the cross, we know how he loved us.

When we look at the manger we know how he loves us now, you and me, your family, and everybody’s family with a tender love.

And God loves us with a tender love.

That is all that Jesus came at teach us, the tender love of God.

“I have called you by your nature, your are mine.”

Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

No comments: