Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ordinary Men

I now I know what is wrong, we are in Oz . . . . I will let your imagination figure out who is who.

Washingtion Times
From Inside the Beltway,
March 24, 2009

The president of the Citzens in Charge Foundation, Paul Jacob, has a knack of delivering commentary in a way people can relate to. Consider his latest offering, "From Oz to Obama."

"Many things remain perfectly normal," he notes. "For instance, I often lose my car keys and sometimes misplace my cell phone. The University of North Carolina is still good at basketball ...

"But when I read the paper or turn on the radio or TV news, the world has been turned upside down. It's as if I've slipped into a parallel universe. I feel like Dorothy in 'The Wizard of Oz,' wanting so badly to get back home. Perhaps I feel this way because government officials - from President Obama to the too-big-to-fail treasury secretary, from finger-pointing congressmen to my county commissioners - resemble 'that man behind the curtain.' "

No comments: