Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Relieved Of Blindness

Blindness of judgment is one of the effects of sin.
Am I among those who prize worthless things and lying people rather than the cross of the righteous Christ?
He continues to call upon the Father’s help, not for his own deliverance but for mine.

Deliver your people, O Lord.
For those who live in fear under the menace of political brutality.
For those who are deprived of the Word’s comfort by an atheistic or agnostic environment.
For those who chase uselessly after length of days because they see no hope of life beyond the grave.

To have a sense of humor is to be wise enough to see things in proportion.

What gifts do you want to make to future generations through the life you are living now?

At the end of a long night of sleeplessness or suffering, sunrise brings joy and hope for the day to come.
In the light of the resurrection, we see and live anew, knowing that all is in and from God’s hand, returning all to him with thanks and praise.

In all my decisions shed upon my path the light of your will.

Having wandered from any true sense of a spiritual home or any real sense of direction, I was lost and hungered hopelessly for I know not what.
My Creator, however, is a tireless seeker.

Peace lies in surrendering to the Creator in trust and living by his love, not in fretting over the wrongs done by others.
Undue concern over evils I cannot mend prevents me from taking true delight in him.

Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun set on your anger, and do not leave room for the devil. All bitterness, fury, anger, shouting, and reviling must be removed from you, along with all malice. [And] be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another as God has forgiven you in Christ. (Ephesians 4: 26-27, 31-23)

Love is patient. (1 Cor 13:4)

Grant patience, Lord, grant peace.
To the angry and the envious.
To the bitter and the persecuted.
To the kind who find no kindness from others.
To the compassionate who meet no compassion in others.
To the forgiving who are not forgiven by others.

God’s love is enduring because God is faithful for ever.

God is my refuge in every storm of my life.
Though everything may seem to be swept from under my feet, God remains.
Just as I can safely stand on a boulder in the middle of a turbulent river, I can always rest in My Creator.
He offers me safety and peace in a chaotic world.
The knowledge that I am safe makes the roaring of the river smoothing and my tumultuous life joyful.

Be my refuge, Lord.
In this turbulent world.
In times of sorrow.
In all my difficult relationships.

No comments: