Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Art Of Patience

I've started to realize that waiting is an art,
that waiting achieves things.
Waiting can be very, very powerful.
Time is a valuable thing.
If you can wait two years,
you can sometimes achieve something that
you could not achieve today,
however hard you worked,
however much money you threw up in the air,
however many times you banged your head against the wall . . .

The Courage to Change
by Dennis Wholey

The people who are most successful at living and loving are those who can learn to wait successfully.
Not many people enjoy waiting or learning patience.
Yet, waiting can be a powerful tool that will help me accomplish much good.

Deal with my frustration and impatience, but learn how to wait.
The old saying, "You can't always get what you want" isn't entirely true.
Often, in life, I can get what I want - especially the desires of my heart - if I can learn to wait.

Today, I am willing to learn the art of patience.
If I am feeling powerless because I am waiting for something to happen and I am not in control of timing, I will focus on the power available to me by learning to wait.

No comments: